The top priority at ESAF SFB is to make Internet banking secure especially considering the convenience Internet banking provides to our esteemed customers. Hence. It is our constant endeavor to take best security measures to ensure a safe and secured experience. The key initiatives for securing Internet banking are listed below.
- Fund transfer between your own accounts, third party accounts within ESAF SFB and other Banks using IMPS, NEFT and RTGS services. IMPS transfers are real time and available 24×7, transfer using NEFT and RTGS are according to clearing hours defined by RBI and NPCI.
- Multi factor authentication for registration: The registration process for ESAF SFB Internet banking involves the provision of multiple factors like customer ID, Debit card number and PIN, debit card expiry, date of birth and OTP. The multi factor authentication significantly reduces the compromising of customer information. ESAF SFB has completely removed paper based password mailers for registration to Internet banking both from security and convenience perspective.
- Two Factor Authentication: All ESAF SFB Internet banking transactions, whether financial or service related, compulsorily need two factor authentication for completion. For example, whether it is a fund transfer, addition of a beneficiary or change of communication address, the second factor authentication of OTP is necessary for completing the transaction. The second factor authentication using OTP via SMS to mobile phone enhances security of Internet banking transaction in addition to removing the need of remembering multiple passwords.
- 128 bit SSL Encryption: A high level of encryption standard is used for all our Internet Banking transactions. This ensures the information exchanged between you and the Bank is completely secure.
- Verisign Certification: Our Internet banking services are certified by Verisign as a Verisign secure site.
- Real time alerts: ESAF SFB sends alerts via e-mail or SMS alerts on various banking transactions, keeping our esteemed customers updated on any activities happening in your account.
- To enhance Internet banking security at customer level, ESAF SFB suggests the following tips for its customers.
- Do not share OTP with anyone, even if the person claims to be ESAF SFB official.
- Do not close your browser while transacting on Internet banking. Always log out from your Internet banking session and close the web page.
- Always access Internet banking using “Incognito or Private” mode of your web browser.
- Set up SMS and/or alert for your banking transactions, irrespective of the channel.
- Log into your Internet banking account at regular intervals and keep track of account level activity.
- Change your Internet banking credentials at regular intervals to keep them safe.
Report any suspicious e-mail, SMS or phone call immediately to1-800-103-3723. Change your Internet banking credentials at regular intervals to keep them safe.